Techland Systems International Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all our customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way, that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Company Information
Techland Systems International Limited
Private Limited company registered in England under company number 1704819
Registered address: 329 Bracknell, Doncastle Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8PE
VAT number: 203 7696 07
2. What Does This Policy Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: How it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers information such as your name, contact details and email address. The personal data that we use is set out in Section 5.
4. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Section 9 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Section 9 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Section 9 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability: This means that if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means. You can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling: We do not use your personal data in this way.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us):
- Job Title
- Business Name
- Email address
- Telephone number
6. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will be used for or may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account.
- Supplying products and services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for carrying our day to day business activities, which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone with regards to the products and services we provide. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
7. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store your personal data in the UK but may transfer elsewhere in the EU. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR. Where we transfer your data to a third party based in the US, this may be protected if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield. This requires that third party to provide data protection to standards similar levels of data protection to those in Europe.
- We store all data in specific company applications unique to us
- All application access is via secure password or biometric control
- ITS password discipline and policy adhere to the very high standards of IT security
8. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, except in the following circumstances.
If any of your personal data is required to be shared with a third party, such suppliers to Techland under an existing agreement, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Section 7.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
9. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, please use the following details:
Telephone number: 0845 5652000
Techland Systems International Ltd
Any changes will be made available on our website at www.techland.co.uk/privacypolicy